Thoughts and Ideas Seen, Heard, Read..God IS Grace!


Just wanted to share some things I read and heard recently that encouraged me in His grace towards us..He is so good and He is 100% Grace, isn't He?

"He’s a Person, not a machine. He longs for fellowship. He loves to love."  Bill Johnson

I love this because it reminds me Christianity isn't a doctrine or a 'blessing machine' where we put in enough faith or works to get out the treat..NO!  Far better, it's a real relationship with the Creator of this Universe Who has chosen to dwell within us by His Spirit and actually LOVES to love on us and interact with us!  I have felt so alone in my life at times, but now I have a wonderful Best Friend INSIDE me who won't ever leave, who always is ready to help and encourage and lift me up.  And all the blessings pour forth from Him as a bonus!

"He isn't trying to take something from us but instead is trying to give something to us."  Beth Moore

This idea is so wonderful - God is a giver, not a taker!  I think in the past I always saw Him as demanding from me, expecting things of me, putting pressure on me to do more, be more, give more, surrender more.  But that wasn't the real truth or the real God at all!  God is love and love gives!  Love lavishes affection and gifts and delights in doing so.  God, who invented love and is Love in a Person, isn't rude or harsh.  He isn't demanding and pressuring and pushy.  He isn't asking things of me but lavishing blessings on me, and most of all, lavishing Himself - He gives HIMSELF!..

"In my selfishness, You show me grace."   Aaron Shust

I heard this quote in the lyrics of a song on the radio, and it came at the perfect time!  We don't have to act right, think right, even believe right to be loved and accepted and helped..He loves and blesses for free!  He is always delighted with us, whether we are 'doing great spiritually' or flat on our face in the dust!  He knows we're dust anyway, so there aren't any expectations on us.  All expectations were put on the Son and He fulfilled them perfectly, and we are given everything for free, by grace, based on His work, not our own.  Based on His perfection, not our own!  So we can fail and still be graced and blessed and loved and accepted..






May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14