Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Grace Is For Us Even When We're At Our Worst...

Grace means you don't have to have it all together to be loved, accepted, included and safe in His family circle..you can fail mightily, and still be IN..you can even struggle, rant and rave, doubt and get confused, and He will still hold onto you..you can get distracted, lose hope, get stuck in addictions, and still have blessings come pouring over your life..you can be at the lowest point you can go and be as 'far' from Him as you could imagine, and find Him right there beside you, hugging you, loving you, understanding you, helping you..because grace is love that is FREE, given with no strings attached, therefore everyone - no matter what their lives may look like, no matter what their track record may be - 'qualifies' for grace because you don't have to be 'qualified' to receive it! It just comes freely, with no stipulations, no requirements, no obligations..what wonderful grace!

Even after our very worst sin, when we've sunk lower than we ever thought possible, even then, ESPECIALLY then, He is telling us: NOTHING has changed in our relationship! We are just as close as ever, and I am just as committed to you - and to us - as ever! Our sins and failures don't sway God's opinion, resolve, commitment or stance toward us - how can they, when Christ already took them AWAY and God has promised NEVER to remember them!?!

His forever stance toward us, no matter what, is the stance of the Perfect Father, the stance of the Perfect Husband, the stance of the Perfect Friend! Through Jesus He showed us just how strong and committed He is to us, sending His Son to die for us at our very WORST moment, so lost in sin! He came down, tied Himself to us, reaching down and picking us up from the gutter, and pulled us up to the heavenly places where He reigns! If He went through all that to get us back when we were at our WORST, do you think He is ever going to give up on us now that He has transformed us into His BEST, into a complete and beautiful Bride for His Son? No way! His love, His loyalty to be there for us, in relationship with us, is here to stay, and nothing we do could change that! For Love never gives up on you, no matter what..

It is as if God were saying through Jesus: "I will NEVER leave you or forsake you! You can't change that! You can't change My love for you, My faithful commitment to you! You can't drive me away with your inconsistencies - they don't even EXIST in My mind! I have committed Myself to stick with you forever, to love you forevermore!"

We just can't get away from this Wonderful Love, this Wonderful Lover, that will not ever let us go!


Grace - the unconditional love and acceptance of God that pours over you at all times and that has given you everything through Christ, without you having to do a thing! Before we could do a thing, He loved us...He loved us as we were, in the midst of our sinfulness, and He plucked us out of our sinfulness into His marvelous light through Jesus' finished work! Oh, what wonderful grace! 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks sparrow for the post . I been wondering what happen to you . You haven't been posting a lot . hope that all is well with you . This post comes at a great time for me , just before thanks giving and the holidays when I have to have a lot of courage . Thanks for all what you do ,and thank you God for your great love for me !

    ReplyDelete
  2. “If you are a preacher of mercy, do not preach an imaginary but the true mercy. If the mercy is true, you must therefore bear the true, not an imaginary sin. God does not save those who are only imaginary sinners. Be a sinner, and let your sins be strong, but let your trust in Christ be stronger, and rejoice in Christ who is the victor over sin, death, and the world. We will commit sins while we are here, for this life is not a place where justice resides. We, however, says Peter (2. Peter 3:13) are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth where justice will reign. It suffices that through God’s glory we have recognized the Lamb who takes away the sin of the world. No sin can separate us from Him, even if we were to kill or commit adultery thousands of times each day. Do you think such an exalted Lamb paid merely a small price with a meager sacrifice for our sins? Pray hard for you are quite a sinner.” - Martin Luther

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the Martin Luther quote, Anonymous...I love knowing that God dealt with my very real sins and accepts and has mercy on me not IN my sins! It reminds me of a quote by Brennan Manning, that God accepts us not just in spite of our sins, but with them! That has helped me so much to know that, helped me to be able to be real and admit that I've failed and not try to cover those things up or try to act like everything is okay when it's not, you know? He takes us all, the whole package, with the ups and the downs, and has taken away those very real sins and acts of wrongdoing..what relief this is to me, for I've really messed up in many ways..thank you for this reminder from Martin Luther that no sin can separate us from our Loving Papa! Blessings to you, Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sparrow for your contributions. I honestly say I like your post more because every time I come to your post I know there is something God is going to speak and comfort me for what I have done or not done. We always feel we are at the worst the way we are and how does God wants us to be and we are not. We want to meet His standard and all in all we fail a thousand times. And we never recover. But looking at Jesus the Author and Finisher of our Faith and Grace - I am comforted on all sides. It's not me I know but Christ liveth in me - that's the hope of Glory and Grace. My life lives and depends on Him now. His love for me is 100% complete. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Sunni Li, so good to hear from you today, my sister...I am so much like you, and I guess we all feel these feelings at one time or another, of feeling at our worst and not meeting the standard..I can truly say that I have messed up in some big ways and have felt some real shame and felt so low, and it was the experience of His grace right at my worst that truly was life-changing for me...just like you said, it comforts us on all sides to know it's all about Him, and He won't ever give up on us but will hold onto us no matter what, no matter how low we may go..He is the Author and Finisher of our faith, I love that, thank you for sharing that verse, it is such a good reminder to me today! God bless you my sister, I love how you said His love for you is 100% complete...that is beautiful and encouraging! He is so wonderful, isn't He!

    ReplyDelete

May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14