Sunday, March 13, 2016

Aslan's Country, the Really Real World!

C.S. Lewis certainly has a wonderful way of describing the joys of heaven..here are some of my thoughts after enjoying his descriptions of 'Aslan's Country' in The Last Battle:

The time bound self is just that, so time bound, just rising and falling like a wave on the sea, the sea always still in the depth, always the same no matter what momentary surface wave appears or disappears in so short a time..we are so simply all of us part of God the Timeless one (Eternal)! 

The 'self' that thinks and breathes and acts and feels here on earth is like a little shadow/doppelganger of the Real Self that always IS underneath in the infinite expanses of God/the Spiritual Realm!  The temporal self is about as solid as a mirror's image is compared to the real scene..whatever we 'are' here is but a faint echo of the True Us existing always outside of time in 'Aslan's country' - the Really Real World where we are all enjoying unity with one another and with God outside of time and space!  Wow! 

Time and space will eventually all fold inward and find themselves freed outward into the infinity of Love, of God, of the Really Real!  And all that we had 'lost' in this world  - whether friends, loved ones, homes, childhood joys, innocence, happiness, or love - will be found to have always been safely there at home; we will find ourselves to have always been there safely at home, in His garden, on His lap, actually part of Him as ever we were, are and shall be!
 
What is there to be really, ultimately afraid of when that is our beginning, our present upholding/foundation, and our ultimate guaranteed end (guaranteed because there all time exists in the Now of eternity/God and thus the end has already come and just IS)!

4 comments:

  1. My, my, my! What lovely thoughts you’ve been having Sparrow!
    I could almost feel myself unfolding inwardly when I got so far into your thoughts there! How wonderfully put.

    Amazingly, we are reading through the ‘Chronicles’ each night, my wee girl and me. We’re almost at the end of Prince Caspian just now and have had some great adventures so far. “Narnia and the North!” is our call when we are on our way upstairs to bed to read it.
    We’ve also been exploring this special place of Light and Love which exists inside us all and spending some time visiting there, although I haven’t connected that place to Narnia yet, so maybe that’s the next step for us. I think it will be really helpful too!

    Lovely to hear from you again. I tell you, your blog so reminds me of the part that goes “On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.”
    Such healing in your words. Thank you,
    Woolly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! What special times for you and your daughter as you read through the Narnia books! I love how the 'Narnia and the North' motto calls you to your upstairs reading time! My youngest daughter and I have been listening to the audio versions in the car when we run errands lately, and just yesterday another daughter told me that she thinks the Narnia books are the series she has reread the most over the years..there are certainly some transportive descriptions of heaven and spiritual reality in those books. I don't know if I used the word 'transportive' correctly, but what I think I mean is that those descriptions of his transport me mentally to that wonderful heavenly place inside and yet also expanding beyond us, onward and upward, further up and further in! I love how the farther in they would go, the bigger it would become! My God is a whole universe inside of me, wow! Always infinitely more to explore and enjoy of His truth, beauty, love and peace. Pleasures forevermore and infinite blissful shalom always! This world is just a faint echo of the glories of that 'more real' world, don't you think, like a painting of a flowery glade is only a faint rendering of a scene and cannot fully capture the delicious smell of the flowers, the feel of the faint breeze, the movement of the branches in the trees above, the sound of the birds chirping..any beauty here is but a tiny fraction of what we'll know and experience there, any love and grace and rest we know here just a delicious scent of the infinitely deeper love and grace and rest that is there floating into our world as a beautiful and enticing aroma, drawing us to the really wonderful LOVE inside in that inner universe of Spirit, wow! Do you ever feel you are seeing something so real and wondrous, but can't put it into words? That is how it feels to me to think and ponder on this subject. So much awaits us, and we already begin to enjoy it now, are already THERE within and have never really left in a a sense, always rooted and grounded in that Love that has held us and been our Core through it all! Wonderful to think about and to know that we don't have to worry about 'getting to heaven' if in spirit we are already there and really never left..I carry heaven around inside of me wherever I go, and Heaven carries me, God carries me, the Spirit of God upholds, infuses, saturates and animates me! I'm in this body tent camping out here on earth for a while, but when the tent is folded up, I'll find myself at home with my Papa as always, this life here being a wonderful little trip, yet truly 'there's no place like Home!'

    Anyways, Blessings to you Woolly and to your little daughter too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sparrow you are such a brilliant writer, really! You are so gifted! When reading your writing I feel as though I am reading something by Emily Dickinson or someone lol. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Anon! Thank you for the kind words; isn't it wonderful to ponder the Really Real World behind this world? Words don't ever do justice to that beautiful place..
    Have a great day and I hope you are doing well, too!

    ReplyDelete

May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14