God's Spitting Image

We are in God's image and likeness and the mirror image of Christ.

"He already knew his people and had already appointed them to have the same form as the image of his Son. Therefore, his Son is the firstborn among many children."

Romans 8:29 (GW)

I had a dream. In this dream I was holding my little child, a tiny little girl, and I was saying, let's just look at you! And I looked into her face and she looked just like I did as a baby! I mean I could have been looking at my own photo from those baby days - she had the same hair, same eyes, same expression, everything. And I was so proud, my heart swelled with joy, I felt such a connection to this little one, and I loved her so much..I ADORED her! And I was thinking, she's my spitting image!

If He sees me anything like I saw that child in my arms in the dream, He must ADORE me! I just feel the intense love He has for us, the pride and joy He has when He looks at us. Perhaps when He sees us He sees someone He ADORES just as much as He ADORES Christ our Brother! We bear the family likeness; we are His spitting image!

A Thought: God sees Himself in me because I am in His image.

May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14