Nevertheless

Nevertheless I am continually with You;
         You have taken hold of my right hand.
With Your counsel You will guide me,
         And afterward receive me to glory.
Whom have I in heaven but You?
         And besides You, I desire nothing on earth.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
         But God is the strength of my heart
         and my portion forever.

                                                                  Ps. 73:23-26

I am writing this while having a particularly bad day.  This may be another holy rant.  So here goes:

We may feel rotten and think our emotions will overtake us.  Terrible circumstances may come.  Troubles may seem to overwhelm.  Confusion and fear may assail us at every turn.  We may be complete and utter failures at life.  We may condemn ourselves and berate ourselves.  Others may judge and reject us.  We may not be able to put two sane thoughts together.  Nothing may seem to make sense.

NEVERTHELESS!  NEVERTHELESS!

Nevertheless we are STILL with Him and He is STILL with us!  I don't care WHAT happens, NOTHING can take my God away from me!   And NOTHING can take me away from Him!  I'm in Him, He's in me, and that's forever, no matter what, end of story!  So let trials, yucky feelings, problems, confusion and turmoil come.  So what!  Doesn't change a thing..Someone is still holding my hand, guiding me, taking care of me and everything that concerns me!

Our flesh and our heart may fail, but so what?  SO WHAT!  God is the hidden, inner strength of our heart, and God is our sure inheritance forever. We're just as close to Him, just as righteous, just as acceptable, just as beloved as we ever were. We're still more than conquerors through Him who loves us!  And that doesn't depend on our not-dependable performance, and it doesn't change with our ever-changing circumstances.  It's set in spiritual concrete by the work of Jesus Himself, and His work is finished!  Done once, done right, done for all time!  Thank You, Lord!
 
                Sending my love to all,
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14