Favorite Quotes from Mike Yaconelli

One of my favorite grace writers is Mike Yaconelli.  He authored two books I really enjoyed:  Messy Spirituality and Dangerous Wonder.   He is a great storyteller and also a person who understands that grace is what moves our hearts, not law.  Here are some of my favorite quotes from his books:

"Jesus whispers in a crystal clear voice, 'I love you!'...'I have loved you all along.  All this time, I loved you first.'

"We may turn our backs on God, but God is always facing us.

"God is not lost when we are.  God is waiting for us even in the dark...He joins us in the darkness.

"He finds a way to show us hope in the midst of despair.  His love and care find us.

"We are loved to our senses...We expect criticism, what we receive is understanding.  We don't hear words of condemnation, we hear over and over, 'I love you.'

"Our grace card is not going to be cancelled.  His grace is unlimited.

"God says, 'I love you...questions and all...with an unconditional, no-strings attached love."

                                                            Mike Yaconelli
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14