The Goal of the Christian Life

"The goal of the Christian life is not to stop sinning!  The real goal of the Christian life is knowing Christ."  Bob George

"And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent."  John 17:3

This reminded me of the beautiful lyrics to an old song, "One Thing I Ask," by the group Harvest -

One thing I ask of the Lord
And one thing will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord
All my days..
To gaze upon the beauty of the Lord
And to seek Him in His temple
Where no foe can cause me harm..

One thing I ask,
One thing will I seek in this world:
Simply to know Him!

Knowing Him is the greatest treasure in life.  He is the Friend I have longed for all my days.  His love is what fills the empty places in the heart.  It's unbelievable that the God who made the universe actually lives inside!  How wonderful is our Friend Jesus!
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14