You Love Me Anyway



Sometimes in the morning, I wake up with a song going through my mind - I feel like God has put the song there to encourage me and remind me of His love and presence.  This was the song He gave me this morning, and boy, did I ever need it today!  He loves me anyway, He thinks I'm worth knowing and even worth dying for.

I have heard all my life that Jesus loved me enough to die for me, and it's something I had heard so much that sometimes I wasn't seeing the real impact of that great truth.  But one day when I was thinking some lonely thoughts, wondering if anyone really wanted me around, God showed me that Jesus wanted me around so much He was willing to actually give His life up for me.  He truly died for me, to wipe away the tears and shame and hurt and oppression the enemy has wreaked on my life.  He thinks I am worth something, and He is even lonely for my friendship and fellowship.

He just can't bear to be without us!  We are worth something!  We have an amazing value, the value equal to the precious blood of Christ!  We are worth knowing and worth loving.  We are worth Jesus.  We aren't friendless or rejected.  He says He has NOT rejected us but has embraced us in His Son!  We are held forever in the arms that won't let go!

Thank You, Lord, that You want to be our Best Friend.  Thank You that You actually want to talk with us and commune with us, that those are Your favorite times and the whole reason You created us - it was in love, through love, and for love that You made us!  We were made to be with You, hugged by You forever.  You even delight in our love to You!  What a beautiful thing that our words of worship and love minister to Your heart.  I love You, Lord!
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14