I woke up with this song on my mind - so many times worries and fears try to crowd in like a heavy cloud over me, and He breaks through that darkness with His light shattering the yucky thoughts and feelings!  He breaks through with His truth, His grace, His joy and love, His presence!  In His presence, darkness must flee, doubt must melt away, fear must be banished, worry must be gone!

In Your Presence is fullness of joy!

Thank You, O Lord, that You come after us!  You don't leave us in darkness - You seek us us and shout Your love to us!  You woo us and win us!  We are overcome with grace and knocked off our feet by Your marvelous love and power!

The joy - JOY! - of the Lord is our strength - not our own joy but His!  You are our shelter from the storm where we can actually rejoice in the shadow of Your wings while the troubles pass by.  Thank You for handling every concern we have today!

And thank You that in this new year, we can expect good things because Your plan for our future is all good!  Thank You for being a good God and having good plans for us, to give us hope and a looking forward to good things to come.  You are WAY stronger than the evil one and have already defeated him by the finished work of Jesus on the cross, and we want to know all the good things You've already done for us and already given us - show us all those things and shower Your love upon us all!  Fill us all with Your beautiful Spirit!

And we go out with joy and are led forth with peace into this day because we're alive again in You!  You've shattered our darkness and we walk in the light of Your countenance!  In You - what a wonderful place to be!  In Jesus' name, Amen..

Happy New Year to all!

                            With love from Sparrow..

Lyrics for "Alive Again" by Matt Maher:

I woke up in darkness
Surrounded by silence
Oh where, where have I gone?

I woke to reality Losing its grip on me
Oh where, where have I gone?
'Cause I can see the light
Before I see the sunrise

You called and You shouted
Broke through my deafness
Now I'm breathing in and breathing out
I'm alive again

You shattered my darkness
Washed away my blindness
Now I'm breathing in and breathing out
I'm alive again

Late have I loved You
You waited for me, I searched for You
What took me so long?

I was looking outside
As if Love would ever want to hide
I'm finding I was wrong
'Cause I can feel the wind
Before it hits my skin

'Cause I want You,
Yes I want You I need You, and I'll do
Whatever I have to just to get through
'Cause I love You,
Yeah I love You


(This last part about "I want you...I'll do whatever I have to just to get through" - I can also see God singing that to us, saying that He'll do anything to get through to us, that He wants us around because He loves us so - and that makes my heart sing!)
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14