How He Loves

Here's a great quote I read today:

"Why does Jesus love ME?  He never criticizes, never tells me that I have to change to be loved by Him.  He just loves me right where I am, no matter what I'm doing or not doing.  It's amazing.  Sometimes I don't even love me, but He does."
                                                          Steve McVey

This means a lot because to be honest, sometimes I don't love or even like me.  Sometimes I act rather un-grace-full.  Sometimes my personality drives me crazy.  Sometimes I wish I could stop being me and be someone else.  But Jesus loves me!

He loves us all.  Passionately, freely, abundantly, and everlastingly.  Without change, without condition, without regret, and without end.  With no hidden agenda, with no strings attached, with no ulterior motive.  Joyfully, wastefully, hopefully, beautifully!  That's how He loves!

So often when I feel that nagging feeling that I'm just not good enough for grace, that there must be some barrier I have to jump over to get His love, He reminds me grace is really true.  This love is really WITHOUT CONDITION, and no matter how rotten I feel about myself and my performance or even my faith level, this love is given FOR FREE.  It's already mine, and mine forever!  And it is the birthright of every human being.  Every person is unconditionally loved by God!  No matter how we see ourselves, I am so glad He looks at us through the eyes of perfect love!

"...no matter how hateful we are to ourselves, we are not hateful to God."                                                  Thomas Merton                                  
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14