A Wedding Song

I love the idea in scripture of us being the bride of Christ.  It's a beautiful metaphor and also a beautiful reality!  I took some verses from Isaiah and Psalms, using the Message Bible, and sort of rearranged them into a wedding song for us and our Heavenly Bridegroom...

                              A Wedding Song

Bridegroom:
   I'll marry you...in love and tenderness.
   I'll marry you for good - forever!
   Yes, I'll marry you and neither leave you nor let you go.

   You'll address me, "Dear Husband!"
   You'll know Me, God, for who I really am.
   I'll say, "You're My dear Somebody."

Chorus:
   Your Maker is your Bridegroom...
   Happy to have you back, He'll calm you with His love
      and delight you with His songs...

Bride:
   Oh, I'm so glad in Your presence!
   Festival joy!
   The joy of a great celebration...

Bridegroom:
   It's with lasting love that I'm tenderly caring for you..
   My love won't walk away from you...
   I'd never forget you - never.
   Look, I've written your name on the backs of My hands.
   You'll be called, "My Delight"...

Chorus:
   God delights in you...
   The King is wild for you...
   As a bridegroom is happy in his bride, so your God is
      happy with you...

Bride:
   God promises to love me all day,
   Sing songs all through the night.
   I am the Beloved of God.

Bridegroom:
   You are precious and honored in My sight, because
      I love you.
   I have loved you with an everlasting love..
   I've never quit loving you and never will...
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14