Grace At Work: A Real-Life Example

I thought I'd share an example of how grace works itself into my life.  Here's the the thought process I went through today and how the God of grace did His special "God-thing" so beautifully:

For some reason today, I started thinking these thoughts:  "I must not be a very loving person.  Compared to _____, I'm certainly not!  Probably people start to get to know me and then pull away from me because they think I'm unloving.  I need to be more loving.  How can I work on that?  Do I need to try to do one good thing for someone every week?"  (You can see how these thoughts are performance-based..)

Then, like fresh air in a smoky room came God's heart toward me:  "Even if you never love another person, I LOVE YOU.  I'll NEVER pull away from you or distance Myself from you.  I am with you..  You ARE loving because you have the Ultimate Lover, who laid down His life for His friends,  inside you as your life. You have His loving nature.  And that love WILL come out.  So rest, my dear..."

And peace reigned again.  That's the way the God of grace works in my life!
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14