Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Your Love Never Fails, It Never Gives Up, It Never Runs Out On Me



I love this song!  Here I've posted the "short" version of the song, but the long version is wonderful, too.  In the longer version, when the band is basically finished singing, the audience picks up the refrain, and sings it over and over, "Your love never fails, it never gives up, it never runs out on me," till the band starts up again with the song.   It's like they just can't stop singing about His great love, like they just can't get over such a love that never fails them! 

I think that idea of His love NEVER failing us is the heart of the grace message, the core truth that grounds my life and rocks my world.  That main refrain of grace in my heart is that "You can't get away from a love that will not let you go (R.R. Capon)."  His love is stronger than anything - stronger than any circumstance, any trial, any sin, any doubt.  He just won't let us go - we are safe in this unfailing, unending, loyal, never-running-out, never-giving up unconditional LOVE!  That just embodies what God's grace is to me - it's His love and acceptance of me that I don't have to deserve and that I can't make go away.  This love will hold us forever!

His grace never fails us!

"One Thing Remains" by Jesus Culture

Higher than the mountains that I face
Stronger than the power of the grave
Constant in the trial and the change
One thing... Remains (repeat)

On and on and on and on it goes
It overwhelms and satisfies my soul
And I never, ever, have to be afraid
One thing remains

Your love never fails, never gives up
Never runs out on me (3x)

In death, In life, I'm confident and
covered by the power of Your great love
My debt is paid, there's nothing that can
separate my heart from Your great love

At the end of the longer version the singer, Chris Quilala, just starts praising God in his own words:
"Your love never fails me
Your grace never fails me
Your grace never fails
His love never fails
His presence never fails
His mercy never fails
Your kindness is never-ending
Your grace is never-ending
Your faithfulness is never-ending
Your love is never-ending
Oh, Father.."

Thank You, dear Lord, that Your love never fails us!  (1 Co. 13:8)

27 comments:

  1. Thanks! I heard this performed by the School of Worship at Acquire the Fire and have been looking for the lyrics!
    Peace and Grace!
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. This song is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is true cos his love never fails, never gives up, never runs out on me or you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At school we r learning this song!!! It's so meaningful. The song is true 2!!! I wish I was a famous singer and hope one day I will be as I am only 11 lol. Love this song. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heard this song for the second time recently at Church and wow the Chorus rocks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful & Encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this song i know that jesus loves never fails never gives up never runs out on me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this song .. !! When i heard this song for the first time ... there were tears in my eyes.

    Praise the Lord !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. touches my heart and soul

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for posting the lyrics.) praise God that through Jesus everyone can make the grade, that is, admit/repent/be seriously sorry for our sin & be connected with Almighty God!!! the only forever relationship that matters! (it was really challenging trying to find out the original artist! keep up the faith!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Made me think of my brother who has cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I heard this song this A.M. and loved it. I want to get it for my incarcerated residents who need to know God love them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i heard this song this morning on klove wow so powerful I say!

    ReplyDelete
  14. :) I prefer the Kristian Stanfill version! LOVE LOVE LOVE this song! It's my "running" song.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I woke with this chorus playing in my mind, What a wonderful Father we have! He wakes me up reminding me of His love, regardless of others whose love may wane, His love never, never, never fails!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This song is so TRUE of the Fathers's Love, Grace, and Mercy.
    God is Faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It seems anyone and everyone can run out on you and leave you alone...His love will never fail, He reuses to give up or ever run out on me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You just put a great big smile on my face this morning, Sparrow Girl! I love the lyrics, but the beauty and witness of your comments flow His presence so strong...it was a joy to read! Your thrill at His grace brings FIRE to others. I'm delighted He led me to your page this morning! Blessings, Sparrow Girl. I'll see you around the Kingdom!
    Jane Vidal (The Dancing Nun)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was trying to find the name of this song. This website came up on my iPad. I love this song!

    ReplyDelete
  20. We sing this song at Bethel Community Church, Evansville, Indiana, and the entire congregation worships with all it's heart. Love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  21. We sing this song quite often at Mangapapa Church in Gisborne, New Zealand. Truly inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was looking for the lyrics to this and your blog caught my eye. Thank you for posting this. May the waterfall of grace continually bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What is the name of the album?

    ReplyDelete
  24. We sang this at church and then it kept coming to me every morning and I would sing what I knew, so I was looking for all the words. Love this song and I think the Lord does too. Elaine

    ReplyDelete

May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14