The Tale of the Poor Old - I Mean, Wonderful New - Roof! Part 5

 The way God just provided our family with a much needed roof, and for free! - has encouraged me so much!

It has helped my faith so much to see how God prepared me for this whole situation, giving me the verses in Phil. 4:6-7, enabling me not to worry about it, and that He helped me to pray and ask, and that He made faith rise up within me and gave me peace.  And then how it all worked out so perfectly!  God is so good.  I love Him so much!  

This whole thing also helped me to feel God's love for me and my family...At the moment the man told us we were getting a new roof for free, I didn't feel like just one of the millions of people on earth.  I didn't feel like just a number or another nameless human walking through the masses.  I didn't feel like just a little unimportant nobody.  I felt LOVED!  I felt the LOVE of God on our family, and that we are so important to Him and special, without having to be "important" and "special" according to the world!  I felt like we are cherished children in His family, NEVER out of His notice or concern or care!  He cares even about little ole us down here in a little tiny town in middle class America!  It is a miracle of love that He has given us with this roof!  It is such a blessing to know He loves me and my family and we are important to Him.    

Another big thing I got out of this whole experience is just the idea that we aren't less than someone else in God's family - we, along with every other Christian, equally qualify for His blessings just by being His children.  That is such a comfort to me and makes me know I'm not some failed Christian (like I might sometimes feel or like the enemy might sometimes try to tell me) but a fellow heir with all the saints with just as much access to His throne as any believer!  Qualified for the inheritance with every other saint!  Isn't it wonderful that we qualify not by our good works or even perfect faith but by the precious and perfectly sufficient blood of Jesus?    We qualify to receive answers to our prayers, and that means every single prayer - "Call unto Me and I will answer you."  I think that is in Jeremiah 33:3.  We qualify for every spiritual blessing, which is actually already ours, according to Eph. 1:3.  And we can know for sure that God will meet ALL our needs according to His riches in glory (Phil. 4:19), for we qualify for that provision through Christ!

I think I also learned something about faith.  I'm the kind of person that tends to think I have paltry faith or am weak in faith.  But really, it's all about His perfection and even His perfect faith, not mine - don't you think our faith is really His faith in us rising up, like it says, a fruit of the Spirit in us?   "The life I live, I live by the faith OF the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me."  (Gal. 2:20b)  When I examine my faith, it seems small and weak.  But if I realize I have Him living in me with His faith inside me, then that would mean my/His faith is really quite strong and certainly adequate!  I would rather rely on His faith within me than try to muster up my own! With His faith inside me in infinite and perfect supply, I feel relieved that I AM a person of faith and trust.  Because the faithful and trustworthy One lives in and through me!  Jesus never doubts the Father's word.  He trusts Him perfectly.  And that's the Spirit who lives in me!  It makes faith seem as natural as breathing, with the very Spirit ("pneuma" - Wind or Breath) of God breathing and blowing in me!


Thank You, Lord, for all Your gifts, especially Your wonderful Son who died for us and Your Spirit who lives in us!



May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14