100% Righteous

Here are some quotes from the book Turkeys and Eagles by Peter Lord that I have enjoyed recently:

"Everybody knows that Jesus Christ is 100% righteous.  But few of us are willing to ACCEPT the fact that WE are 100% righteous.  That I am 100% righteous is a gift.

"Acts of righteousness ARE the righteousness of Christ...lived out in normal life.  Everything you do - except when you deliberately choose to sin - everything is an act of righteousness!

"It is normal for Christians to live without sinning.

"Remember, the Old Testament is off by one covenant!

"If He is righteous, and I am born of Him, I have His nature (which is a righteous nature).  What can I be but like Him?  For I am of His nature."
                                                                              Peter Lord


I love these thoughts!  It can "sound" prideful to say we are righteous, but believers have been re-born with His nature.  He is 100% righteous, and we are in Him.  That makes us 100% righteous!
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14