A Favorite Post from Jamie Weeks

Here is one of my favorite posts from Jamie Weeks over at Better Than We Know blog.  I have learned so much about God's love and grace reading her words.  She sometimes writes out the dialogues she has with Jesus, and this particular one is my favorite.  Thank you, Jamie for sharing grace so eloquently!  Here's the post:

Skinned Knees and Bruised Hearts

So...I fell down and skinned my knees this week. Huh. I most seriously DISLIKE that with every particle of my being. Not that we all don't fall, but...let's face it; I'd rather grace you than MYSELF! Huh, again.
And of course, after some angst, I ran straight to my Guy. It went like this:

Me: ::sobbing:: But I screwed up!!!

Him: Really?

Me: ::indignant:: YES! Really. And I skinned my knees! LOOK!!

Him: I don't see a thing.

Me: Are You blind? You know I missed it!!

Him: Well, yeah, but I thought we settled that a long time ago.

Me: Well, You might have but it hurts NOW!!

Him: Why? I don't see you any differently.

Me: Yeah, but I disappointed someone... I think.

Him: NO!

Me: YESSSS!!

Him: And...what?

Me: ::tearing up again:: Well, I made You look bad.

Him: Darling, you make Me look beautiful by living forgiven and loved.

Me: But, but, well, that's too easy! That's WHAT!

Him: Your life wasn't cheap, Beloved. Remember the price I paid?

Me: Yes! That's the POINT!! I OWE YOU!

Him: Do you really believe that? Really?

Me: No...but I feel that way sometimes.

Him: Then it's good that you aren't what you do or how you feel, right?  You're who My Father says you are.

Me: Huh. I like it better when they match.

Him: So, are you going to believe Me or your bruised heart? Hmmm?

Me: You'll have to convince me.

Him: ::laughing:: Really? How's that?

Me: ::dissolving into giggles:: Kiss it and make it better???
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14