My Savior, My Friend

Love Unknown

My song is love unknown;  
My Savior's love to me;
Love to the loveless shown,
That they might lovely be.
O, Who am I,
That for my sake
My Love should take
Frail flesh, and die?

He came from His blest throne,
Salvation to bestow;
But men made strange, and none
The longed-for Christ would know.
But O, my Friend, indeed,
Who at my need
His life did spend.

Here might I stay and sing,
No story so divine;
Never was love, dear King!
Never was grief like Thine.
This is my Friend,
In whose sweet praise
I all my days
Could gladly spend.

Samuel Crossman

This is my Savior, my Friend.  He loved me before I was born, sacrificed His own life for me before I even existed.  He loves me when I'm unloving in my actions.  He loves me when my words are hurtful.  He loves me no matter what my thoughts, feelings, doubts or confusion.  He loves me with a love that has no strings attached.  He loves me with a love that has no beginning or ending.

This is my Savior, my Friend.  He understands me.  He understands why I do and say the things I do.  He understands my fears.  He knows my background and the ghosts that sometimes haunt me.  He knows the deeper reasons behind my sins and knows my deepest needs.  He understands where I hurt and why.  He looks on me with sympathy and compassion.  Even if noone else does, He understands!

This is my Savior, my Friend.  He cries with me when I am crying.  He walks beside me when I walk aimlessly through my pain.  He holds my hand in the very darkest night.  I am never, ever alone.  He is a VERY present help in trouble.  He goes through everything with me, as me.   Even if my problem is of my own making, He is there, pouring out love and compassion on me.  There is no failure or sin that would EVER make Him leave me!  He's in this for keeps.   No matter what the mistake or circumstance, He is with me and He won't ever desert me!

This is my Savior, my Friend.  He does only good to me, never evil.  He doesn't wound, He heals.  He is never harsh but gentle.  My Jesus would never harm me but only help me.  He won't kick me when I'm down; instead, He picks me up and carries me in His arms.  He effortlessly lifts my depressed spirits.  He whispers words of truth to me that clear away the cobwebs of untruth.  He always gives words of encouragement, never anger or disappointment or rebuke.  Even after I fall on my face, He is smiling at me, delighting in me!  He is okay with me, and that makes me able to be okay with myself and with other people, too.

This is my Savior, my Friend.  He wants to be around me.  He enjoys being with me!  He is never too busy to talk and He cares about every word I say.  He is interested in the things that interest me.  My hobbies aren't boring to Him;  He shares my joy in the things that interest me.  He likes to spend time, just the two of us, doing nothing together.  He is delighted with me and believes in me, sees the beauty and goodness He put in me which I cannot see.  His love gives me worth, value and dignity.  It makes me want to hold my head high!  It makes me want to introduce everyone to my Friend!

And I have this friendship for free, by grace, through the finished work of Jesus.  I did nothing to earn it and I could do nothing to lose it.  It's freely given to all, to be received by simple faith that says, "Oh, this friendship is mine!"

This is my Savior, my Friend.  I love You, Jesus.  Thank You for being my Friend!  And thank You for being the Friend of every person..

                    With love to all,
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14