When I Look at Me, When I Look at Him

When I look at me, I see failure, struggle, lack, selfishness, trials, fears, problems..

But He gently directs my gaze to Him.  He diverts my eyes from myself and draws my eyes to Him.  He looks at me with tender love and compassion.

And when I look at Him, I see hope, peace, acceptance, joy, fulfillment, love, grace, confidence and REST.

When He lifts my face to look in His eyes, I see all that's needed has already been provided.  I see He accepts me and embraces me right now.  I see His perfection and I see my perfection in Him.  I see our union.  I see that I have already arrived at the place of perfect rest.  And it's Him.

Thank You that You remind us of the truth so beautifully, dear Jesus!  Thank You for looking into our eyes with such love that it melts our hearts and makes us relax once again in Your arms.  Thank You for reminding us that You are okay with us, and we are okay to You..

"I forgot about me when I saw You."  (Jamie Weeks)

                     With love,
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14