We Live In The "Nevertheless"

 "Thus my heart was grieved, And I was vexed in my mind.
 I was so foolish and ignorant; I was like a beast before You.
 Nevertheless I am continually with You; You hold me by my right hand.
 You will guide me with Your counsel, And afterward receive me to glory."                                               Ps. 73:21-4


These verses came to mind recently, and what I think God showed me through them is that we live in the "nevertheless" - no matter what circumstances, problems, other people or our own thoughts and feelings say, no matter how many times we mess up, nevertheless we are CONTINUALLY WITH HIM - Father, Son and Holy Spirit!

Our outer words and feelings may be saying, "I feel inadequate, I think I'm alone, I seem like a failure, I feel like a second-class Christian compared to some," and yet He has caused our spirit, in union with His Spirit, to be saying, "I KNOW He is in me, I KNOW I am complete in Him."  His Spirit rises up in us and keeps proclaiming the truth, proclaiming the nevertheless.  And that's where we really live.  Not in the feelings, the doubts, the worries, and the supposed inadequacies.  We live in the nevertheless of His life in us.  He holds on to us and is always in us as that nevertheless reality.

He holds us, not the other way around.  If we have to hold on to Him, all is unsure.  If He holds on to us, we're safe forever.  Another verse in Hosea says the same thing to me:  "I''ll ...neither leave you nor let you go" (Hos. 2:20, MSG).  I love that.  No matter what, nevertheless, He is still with us and we are still with Him!  In perfect and intimate union!

He never leaves us and He never lets us leave Him, and the way He has done that is by weaving us together in the new birth so that His seed is in us and He is our nature, our spiritual DNA, and our very Life itself.  The new creation is melded spirit to Spirit, that's just how we are made.  Losing Him would be like losing our DNA - it's impossible, for it's in every cell of the body, it's what makes us who we are, for it's our identity!

Christ is our inner true identity!  He's in us forevermore!  And we are complete and full in Him, not lacking in any way, for we have ALL of the Spirit of Christ, not just some of Him or part of Him.  He is holding on to us and proclaiming the truth of this reality in and through us.  We are CONTINUALLY WITH HIM.  No matter what, no matter how we feel or act or seem to look, nevertheless, that's the truth!

These are just some thoughts that have helped me lately!  I hope they can be an encouragement to you too..


                       With love, 
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14