Your Love Broke Through


Like a foolish dreamer,
Trying to build a highway to the sky
All my hopes would come tumbling down,
And I never knew just why
Until today, when You pulled away the clouds
That hung like curtains on my eyes
Well I've been blind all these wasted years
And I though I was so wise
But then You took me by surprise

All my life I've been searching
For that crazy missing part
And with one touch, You just rolled away
The stone that held my heart
And now I see that the answer
Was as easy, as just asking you in
And I am so sure I could never doubt
Your gentle touch again
It's like the power of the wind

Like waking up from the longest dream,
How real it seemed
Until your love broke through
I've been lost in a fantasy,
That blinded me
Until Your love broke through

There is nothing in the whole wide world
That means this much to me
In Your love I have found the truth
And truth has set me free
Now I'm feeling like a barefoot child
Dancing in the sun
Unafraid I can face each day
Because of what You've done
Now my life has just begun!
                                                    Keith Green, Randy Stonehill

Today is my spiritual birthday, the anniversary of the day that Jesus drew me to Himself and I was born anew to walk in newness of life - His Life which is now mine!

Thank You, Lord, for making me a new creation, giving me Your righteousness, and giving me Your very life - I am so thankful to be in union with You, the One who loves me and accepts me as I am, forever!

This song is my "birthday" song.  When I first heard it many years ago, I thought it expressed so beautifully what regeneration feels like - it's like waking up from a bad dream (that seemed so real) and beginning life FOR REAL!  It's His love that breaks through and awakens us to life in Him!  And I think it also describes how I felt when as a believer trying to live under law, God "awakened" me to the fact that I am now under grace! 

Let's celebrate the Grace-gift of His life, freely given!

                          With love from
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14