Quotes from Gregg Gibbons

Gregg Gibbons has a wonderful grace ministry and website.  You can take a look at it by following this link: http://christmyheart.org

Here are some wonderful quotes from some of Gregg's writings.  I wanted to share a few of them here (I especially love the last one on prayer):

"God is in control for me, and He is in love with me."

"The world tries to define me by what I do.  However, it is 'by the grace of God, I am what I am' (1 Co. 15:10a).  I am not what I am by achieving...I am who I am by receiving the grace of the Son of God!  Grace also empowers me to live out of my true identity.  'I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me' (1 Co. 15:10b)."

"I am accepted by God and I have been made acceptable to God in Christ.  I am free to grow as a child in the presence of the most Holy God...free to live and play in His presence exclaiming without fear, 'Look, Daddy, look Daddy!'  My Father's eyes are always fixed on me with glee!"

"Some say, 'God can change your life.'  The deeper truth is that God has exchanged your life for the life of His Son!  God has not patched up your old life, He has given you a new life - the life of His Son!"

"We no longer have to strive to put on hope, joy, etc. from the world.  Those clothes no longer fit.  We can now receive all of Christ's hope, joy, etc. from Christ inside us all of the time!"

"The presence of Christ in our lives is the victory, not the absence of struggles.  The light of Christ is manifested through us to others mostly in the darkness of our battles with temptations.  This is when people witness that we are real (not religious) and that we have a real hope they can have, too!"

"True prayer is our response to God's grace initiation to have communion with us."

"Some say, 'I feel like my prayers don't make it past the ceiling.'  This frustration is the result of striving to pray with self-effort.  The truth is that our true prayers never even start below the ceiling!  We are seated in heavenly places in Christ!  We are united with Christ and have all of His authority to be the conduit for praying God's will from heaven down to earth!"

                                                                 Gregg Gibbons
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14