The Real You (Dan Stone)

Here is a wonderful quote from the book The Rest of the Gospel, by Dan Stone.

I read this recently when I was down on myself because of a failure in my life.  As I read, my sense of condemnation and shame over how I'd failed just melted away!  All the vague feelings that the enemy tried to put on me - feelings that God might look on me with disappointment or displeasure -  just disappeared!  The fog of confusion lifted, and I could see once again that His face had always been and was still turned toward me with a loving look and a smile!  That is the power of the good news of grace, isn't it?!  It is the power of God to save - deliver - us from the devil's lies, sinful confusion, feelings of doubt, etc. into the glorious freedom of being unconditionally loved and perfectly RIGHT with God!!  The good news of grace is so powerful in my life, and I love how it brings me right back to reality, the new creation, Spirit-reality that God has brought about in my life..and in the lives of all of His dear children!

I love how in the quote below, Dan Stone describes the real, true self, the real and true US that we REALLY are because of Christ!  He has regenerated us and made us a new creation, and that person, our true self, the deep-down spirit-self within us, is complete and perfect - that is how we've been MADE!

"You are a righteous person...

When He look at you, He sees the nature of His Son.

He sees you as love.
He sees you as joy.
He sees you as peace.
He sees you as righteous.
He sees you redeemed.
He sees you justified.
He sees you perfect.
He sees you complete...

This is the real you.

Your false self - your flesh and its independent efforts to cope in the world - is not the real you.

The real you is a new creation:  righteous, holy, blameless, acceptable, beloved."

                                                                                    Dan Stone
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14