John Lynch on Jesus

I read this quote by John Lynch over a year ago on the True-Faced blog  (I tried to find the exact post, but couldn't), and I love the way he describes relationship with Jesus.  Here's the quote:
  • "Jesus was the first to display the love my heart was desperately hoping was possible
  • Jesus was the first to bring my heart alive, to bring me delight
  • Jesus was the first to convince me He knew the worst about me and adored me still
  • Jesus was the first person I ever felt fully protected by
  • Jesus was the first person who ever made sense of life
  • Jesus was the first to convince me life could have a happy ending
  • Jesus was the first to convince me my life had a purpose to it
  • Jesus was the first to convince me that I was a new creature
  • Jesus was the first person I ever felt completely known by
  • Jesus was the first person I ever felt completely safe with
  • Jesus was the first person who ever showed me purity/goodness
  • Jesus is the first one I ever laid my soul bare to
  • Jesus is the one who’s love caused me to risk loving, trusting, being loved by another
  • Jesus is the One who convinced my heart I could be vulnerable
  • Jesus is the One who convinced my heart I could forgive, let go of.
  • Jesus is the One who convinced my heart I could reconcile and confess my wrong
  • Jesus is the One who convinced my heart I can give my life away
  • Jesus is the one place in the entire universe where I feel truly home

“Immanuel”-God in me, God with me, God next to me, God protecting me, God defending me, God loving me, God enjoying me, God over me, God through me, God for me, God from me, God defining me, God with His arm around me."
                                                                                                            John Lynch

Thank You,Lord Jesus, for being the Friend we have always longed for all our lives.  Thank You for the healing you have brought to our hearts.  Thank You for loving us unconditionally and accepting us without any reservations.  Thank You for being Immanuel, God with us - we are never alone again!  Thank You for walking through this life with us a our Dearest Friend!  Amen.
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14