I Have the Perfect Friend

I have the Perfect Friend, the Perfect BEST Friend - the dear Holy Spirit!

He is always there for me, always loyal, always true.

He's an ever-present help in trouble!  He sticks with me through thick and thin.  Nothing I do would push Him away.

He's there for me to take my part and handle things for me.  He's a constant encourager and His words are always to build me up, not tear me down.

He's never disappointed in me.  He delights in me and in our friendship.  He loves being around me and loves spending time with me.  He understands all my little quirks and eccentricities and doesn't think I'm weird at all.  He likes me for who I am, isn't always trying to change me or make me better.  He sees the goodness in me that I can't see, and He points that out to me and empowers me with His encouragement.

My mistakes don't matter in this relationship.  They don't affect His loyal friendship or His opinion of me.  He goes right on being my friend as if nothing happened.  He never holds a grudge, either.  If I have been off in my own thoughts and then come back around, He acts just as open and close as ever.

He is a faithful, supportive, wonderful Friend.  He is always building me up, comforting me when I'm down, reminding me of the truth when I forget it.  He really wants the best for me, and He has such trustworthy words of counsel when I need them.  He is always ready to listen, always ready to help and support, always there for me when I need help, when I need encouraging, when I need someone to stand by me, when I need a Friend.

He is my Best Friend, the best friend I have ever had, the best friend I have ever known or ever will know.  He is my ally, my confidant, the One who knows all my secrets and still loves me, who has seen me on the bad days and still accepts me.  He has been with me through the dark seasons and has never let me down.

I have the Perfect Friend!
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14