Already



I have been one who has been insecure about God's love for me.  I have tried to get it, tried to keep it, agonized when I felt I'd lost it, wondered if I had it, wanted it but felt it was just out of reach..so many lying voices I've listened to concerning His love for me!

Yet one day I could try no more.  I was so tired and just basically gave up trying to get His love and favor, trying to finally feel I was "right" and "okay" and "pleasing" to Him.  All my Christian life seemed to be a bust, and I just quit trying.

And He whispered to me that I was His own child, that He loved me anyway.

He had already proved His love for me before I was even born.  If someone actually being willing to die for you doesn't show the greatest love a person can have for another, I don't know what does!  I haven't ever thought of it that way, really, but that cross is such a proof of love.  We look around and sometimes feel noone cares, noone is willing to listen, noone will take any time for us, noone would actually give up anything to help us.  And here is Jesus giving up all just to be with us!  We are worth sooo much!  We are cared for, cherished, and loved beyond our wildest dreams!

There's no need to earn such a love.  It's already been given, long before we were even born.

Long before we were even created, God already loved us.  He loved us knowing all that we would do.  He loved us knowing all the mess we'd make of our lives.  He saw every thing that we feel is rotten about us, and He LOVED us still, loved us anyway, loved us with all that junk! And He went and became a man and died to absorb all our junk into Himself and carry it away, so it could harm and defeat and shame us into hiding NO LONGER!  So we could finally be free to enjoy the love that has always been ours.  To enjoy the God who has always been on our side.  To be held in the arms that have always been available to us.  To open up to the Friend who has always been there for us.  To embrace the Father who has always cherished us.  To relish the intimacy of being in the family we've always been meant to belong to.

We were made to be loved by Him.  This is where we belong.  And it's already been done.  There is NOTHING left for us to do!  We can just accept it!

Your failures are gone, that you are loved and welcomed in!  There is nothing between you and God!  He is fine with you!  He loves you forever!  You can relax in His arms...
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14