Secure in Christ 4 - We Are Held in God's Hand

I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; noone will snatch them out of My hand.  My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; noone can snatch them out of My Father's hand.  John 10:28-9

I'm continuing with some thoughts on our security in Christ.  So often in the past I have felt insecure in my relationship with God, worried that I could possible do something to knock me out of God's family, so to speak.  But God has helped me to see that I'm not stronger than He is!  I am in God's hand, and nothing or noone can knock me out or snatch me out of that strong, protective, sheltering hand - not even myself!  God the Father is "greater than all," even greater than me and my actions and possible doubts and failings.  I am so thankful that He holds me safely in His hand!

We can rest assured that if the verse says noone can snatch us from His hand, not only does that include we ourselves with all our doubtings and failings, but it also includes any power in this world, including the devil himself.  Satan can never snatch me out of God's hand.  I don't have to worry that he'll "get me" on some big temptation or confusion or doubt and somehow snatch me away from God.  1 John 5:18 reminds me that the evil one CAN'T TOUCH US!  Hallelujah!  We are safe from every attack!  We are in God's hand now, not the enemy's!  We are in God's kingdom now, where Christ reigns.  "For He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son He loves" (Col. 1:13)  We are under God's jurisdiction now, not Satan's. Jesus is Lord of us now, not the enemy!  The enemy is no longer in control of us, for Jesus has freed us from the devil's reign, control, bondage, and destruction.

The devil has NO authority in my life to hurt me or snatch me away from God!  Even if I seem to give the devil any leeway or listen to his lies, he can't snatch me away from God because God is GREATER than all, greater than those lies, greater than Satan's attacks upon me, greater even than my sometimes dumb choices to let the enemy have a word in my ear.  We can rest assured that not only do we have a new nature and really don't ever and won't ever want to leave God anyway (we are His sheep and we follow Him, that's a promise, that we WILL follow Him - "My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me" - John 10:27), but also that Satan can never change that intent of our heart or trick us and snatch us away.  No matter what, I am still safely in God's hand!

He won't fail us.  No matter what, always and forever, underneath us are the everlasting arms of God.  He will hold onto us, even when we don't have the strength to hold onto Him.  We can't get away from this love that will not let us go!  No matter where we go, no matter where we seem to run sometimes, even there in the most desolate of places that we find ourselves, even there His right hand shall hold us - Ps 139:10.  He's got a grip on us and He's not letting go!

"He (God) Himself has said, 'I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support.  I will not, I will not, I will not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let you down (relax My hold on you)!  Assuredly not!'"  Heb. 13:5 (AMP)  He will never relax His hold on us!  We're held safe and secure by God.  The arms that hold the world are holding you and me today..

Thank You, Lord, that You are greater than ALL!  You are greater than my sins, doubts, confusion or troubled thoughts, greater than all the powers in this world, FAR greater than the enemy who assails me with doubts and confusion.  You are greater than all that!  GREATER is He that is IN me than he that is in the world!  GREATER is He that is holding on to me than anyone or anything else, including my own little self with its paltry decisions.  Thank You that I am SAFE in Your hand where noone and nothing can snatch me out, forever and always!  Safe in the arms of love...I can snuggle down in Your arms and rest, knowing You ONLY make me to rest in safety and security and peace.  Thank You that You in Your grace hold me, and You will never relax Your hold on me!


May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14