Our Daily Grace: The Good News of Acceptance

 "We are accepted wholesale. Accepted with no possibility of being rejected. Accepted once and accepted forever. Accepted at the ultimate depth of our being...  God accepts me, owns me, holds me, affirms me, and will never let me go."

Lewis Smedes

"We throw open our doors to God and discover at the same moment that He has already thrown open His door to us. We find ourselves standing where we always hoped we might stand - out in the wide open spaces of God's grace and glory, standing tall and shouting our praise."

Romans 5:2

It's so beautiful to think that when we open the door to God, we find He's already opened His door to us.  He accepts us before we ever accept Him.  He has never condemned us, only accepted us.  He has never rejected us, only welcomed us.  He sent Jesus to take away anything that would make us hesitant to come to Him.  This is the good news!  Jesus is God accepting us, refusing to let us go!

A thought: I am accepted with no possibility of being rejected.

May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14