The Good News of What Already Happened


The good news of grace is the announcement that God has already done something for us.  It's already happened, so we don't have to make it happen.  We don't make Him forgive us by our perfect works, understanding, or even faith.  He has already forgiven us at the cross.  He has already accepted us, already loved us, already reconciled us.  We simply realize something is already true:  "Wow.  God already loves me just as I am.  He already accepts me, warts and all.  He already wiped out all that was against me by forgiving all my sin.  There's no barrier between us!  I'm home!  Hello, Daddy!"

"Grace is God saying, "I've already paid the price you're trying to pay.  I've already bridged the gap you're trying to bridge.  The indictment is gone.  We're friends now.  In fact, you're my very own.  Come on over to me, problems and all.."                             Jeff VanVonderen

"I made you, shaped you....I'll never forget you.  I've wiped the slate clean of your wrongdoings.  There's nothing left of your sins.  Come back to Me, come back.  I've redeemed you."       from Is. 44:21-22

"God was in Christ personally reconciling the world to Himself - not counting their sins against them..                      from 2 Co. 5:19
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14