The Gift of Freedom

Being totally free from all requirements before God (free from the law) is the only way to ever live from your real desires deep in your new heart.  When we find we can do whatever we want and God will still be there, that no sin we commit will ever cause Him to reject us (we are truly secure with Him - this is my favorite part of being free from the law - no matter what we do, there is no condemnation or punishment or rejection), we are finally free to ask ourselves, "What do I really want to do?"

The answer is so surprising and good.  When I look in my heart after God overwhelms me again with the good news of grace, how I'm accepted freely forever, no matter what, completely secure, what do I see in that heart?  I see the desires that come from my new nature (which is Christ's very nature at the center of my being).  I see the desire to be with Him and be loved by Him.  I see the desire to love others into grace too.  I see so many beautiful things naturally coming out.  And they come out not because I have to do those things, but because I want to.  And that makes all the difference!  We always find it easy to do just what we want!  And we can't know just what we want until all restraints on us are removed!

Sometimes it can seem scary to live in our freedom.  We might be used to being told just what to do, so used to the fear of punishment being a motivator, so used to thinking our hearts are wicked and can't be trusted, so used to thinking that without rules we'll go "wild."  Yet we can trust Christ in us never to desire evil.  Noone ever has to tell Christ what to do or try to keep Him in line. His desire is always to love, and that's the desire God has put within us by making Christ our very Life.  The love of Christ compels us from within and manifests itself as our own desire to love!   Rules and requirements and laws would only tie us down; we don't need them at all since we've got HIM!

We can step out of the open door of the cage and fly free, as we've always wanted to do.  We, the children of the Loving One, never wanted anything other than to love - it's the real desire of our new heart.  He's set us completely free to follow that very desire and to soar!  "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery" (Gal. 5:1).

                         With love from
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14