God's Main Thing

What is God's main thing?  I used to think His main thing was pointing out my faults and working on my sins.  But the truth is, the cross took care of my sins.  They aren't just forgiven, they are gone!  God has promised to remember them no more!  So why would He be thinking about them now?  Why would He be pointing them out to me all the time?  Why would He be obsessing about working on my sin problem?  He already fixed my sin problem, and His solution was named Jesus!  Jesus took every single one of our sins onto Himself at the cross and He became sin for us.  He killed off all those sins, the sins of the whole world, and He took them down into the grave (even took our old sinful selves down too), never to be thought of again!  Never!  If Jesus won't remember my sins any more, why should I remember them all the time?  Why should I try to work on my sin problem?  I don't have a sin problem anymore!  My sins and even my old sinful nature or self have been cleared away like the morning mist that disappears in the sunshine.  They've been cleared out to make room for the Life Himself to move into me!  I have Jesus, the Sinless Life, within me now.

So if sin is not God's main thing, what is?  Sin is not on Jesus' mind, WE are!  God's main thing is loving people!  And the main way a person loves another is by sharing their life with that person, being together with them, valuing and delighting in them for who they are.  I believe that's God's main thing: loving us!  God loves without demanding love in return.  He gives without requiring anything from us.  He freely shares His very life with us in the person of His Son, with no strings attached, no obligations pressed onto us.  God loves us by sharing His own Life with us forever, received by simple faith.  We're linked to Him forever and made alive with His Life!  Just as Jesus took our old creation selves down with Him into the grave, He brings our new creation selves up into the heavenlies with Him in His resurrection!   That's what's on God's mind, I think, loving us by bringing us into union with Himself forever!  He loves us so much He wants us with Him always.  Being held in God's embrace forever, being ONE with Him in perfect relationship, sharing all eternity together, sounds like the best thing going!  And it is..it's God's main thing.

"Immense in mercy and with an incredible love, he embraced us. He took our sin-dead lives and made us alive in Christ. He did all this on his own, with no help from us! Then he picked us up and set us down in highest heaven in company with Jesus, our Messiah.  Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus."   Eph. 2:4-7


                      Love to all from
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14