He Wants to Reassure Us

I love how God constantly reassures us.  He always imparts hope and security to us.  His words to us are good and uplifting.

He reassures us about how steady His hands are underneath us, that He is holding us and will never let us go.  He reminds us that He has defeated our adversary.  He reminds us that He is the Strong One no matter how weak we are. He reminds us that He is the provision for all our needs.  I love how He reassures us!

"You're My servant, serving on My side.
I've picked you.  I haven't dropped you.
Don't panic.  I'm with you.
There's no need to fear for I'm your God.
I'll give you strength.  I'll help you.
I'll hold you steady; keep a firm grip on you.

"When you go out looking for your old adversaries
 you won't find them -
Not a trace of your old enemies,
 not even a memory.
That's right.  Because I, your God,
 have a firm grip on you and I'm not letting go.
I'm telling you, "Don't panic.
 I'm right here to help you."

"Do you feel like a lowly worm, Jacob?
Don't be afraid.
Feel like a fragile insect, Israel?
I'll help you.
I, God, want to reassure you.
The God who buys you back, the Holy of Israel.

"The poor and homeless are desperate for water,
 their tongues parched and no water to be found.
But I'm there to be found, I'm there for them,
 and I, God of Israel, will not leave them thirsty.
I'll open up rivers for them on the barren hills,
 spout fountains in the valleys.

"Everyone will see this.  No one can miss it -
 unavoidable, indisputable evidence
That I, God, personally did this.
 It's created and signed by the Holy of Israel."

                                                      from Isaiah 41 (MSG)

This passage has meant a lot to me lately.  In it God says that He wants to reassure me.  Not scare me, burden me, hurt me, demand of me, or berate me.  He wants to reassure me!  He wants me to feel safe and secure in His loving care.  Because I am - that's a fact!  I think His heart is always to reassure and help.  He knows we're frail and need encouragement.  He is so willing to give it.

So thankful for His reassuring words...

               With love to all from
                                       
                                       
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14