We Have Found Our Hope, Peace, and Rest in the One Who Saves

I love this song!  I believe it's called "The One Who Saves" - it's by Hillsong...

We sang it at church recently and I started to choke up, thinking of God's love going on and on toward us forever, and how in Him, we have found the rest, peace and HOPE that we always longed for.

Without Him, I have no hope.  With Him, nothing is hopeless and there is always hope!  Things never have to stay the same rotten way they may be right now.  No barrier is too strong for God to break through.  No struggle is too hard for Him to overcome.  No night is too dark for His light to penetrate.  No mind is too confused for Him to bring understanding with His truth.  No one is too far gone for Jesus to rescue!  There is always hope in grace!

Without Him, I have no rest for my soul.  With Him, there is rest.  There is relief.  There is a sense of being able to stop striving and worrying and fretting, like a release of burdens and pressures to perform, to measure up, to handle all my problems myself.  I am loved as I am, cared for as I am, protected and helped and uplifted as I am.  What a relief to fall into His arms, safe and secure!  That means I don't have to "try" or "strive" - my job is to REST in the arms that won't ever let me go..

Without Him, I have no peace.  With Him, I am filled with the peace that goes beyond all understanding, because I know that my life is SAFE in the hands of Perfect Love, and His love endures forever..

His love endures forever, never running out or giving up on us, never fading or changing, never stopping no matter what the circumstance, no matter what my performance!  His love motivates and moves Him to act with compassion and bless and favor us at all times.  His love motivates and moves Him to uphold us and care for us and take care of all our issues and problems and situations - He takes up our case and takes care of all that concerns us..

He won't let us down - this gives me a sense of rest and relief and peace!


May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14