Coming to Him Empty and Being Filled!

I was thinking today...what one word would I use to describe me?  And it is sad that the first word that came to mind was "failure".  (I guess that was the enemy lying to me??)

That is sad and I know it isn't how God sees me, I know He loves me as I am and delights in me as His child; I guess I just wish I were being more victorious as a Christian, victorious over some fears and doubts and struggles and such. 

But one good thing is that this feeling of inadequacy, even failure, reminds me that I of myself can do nothing!  It is all Him!  And that is a blessing to remember. 

To me, that means I don't have to have great faith in and of my power.  I don't have to overcome doubt or fear by myself.

He will do that in me.

I can only come to the throne of grace to find grace and help in our time of need.

I can only draw from Him. 

I love the idea of drawing from Him! 

I have to remember I am the branch, not the vine.

I am the vessel, not the wine.

I don't have any power of my own, I draw from and depend on Him for all!  He is teaching me this, so that is a big praise. 

Maybe out of seeing my own inability, I can see His ability shining forth more!

Maybe that is what it means, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in your weakness."

Looking to Him for sufficiency - that is the only place to find sufficiency, isn't it?  In the All-Sufficient One!

Coming to Him empty - that is the only way we really ever come, isn't it?  He doesn't expect us to fill ourselves with something we've manufactured.  He has no expectations of us!  HE is everything that we need and HE is the One who fills us!

That takes the pressure off.  I don't have to somehow BE the liquid of love or joy or peace or even faith that is pouring out.  I only have to look to Him and ask to be filled with Him, with His Spirit, who brings forth all those things naturally as the fruit of His just being there within!

We are empty pots, and He fills us with Himself, and we pour out to the world..
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14