He Is Our Supply

I heard Joseph Prince make this comment about Mary sitting at Jesus' feet (I hope I'm quoting it correctly):  "Mary looked at Jesus and His presence was supply to her."  He added that she just stayed under the supply fountain and received from Him.  He spoke about how Jesus is our supply, and this supply is independent of our actions.  It is not based on us but on Christ.  (I'm paraphrasing his words here.)  These ideas really encouraged me.

I am so glad that Jesus is my supply.  Just His presence with me is all that I need!  All that's asked for in my daily life, He is and has and supplies.  I love the idea Watchman Nee shares that Jesus doesn't give us love, peace or joy.  He gives us Himself, and in Himself, He is all those things.  He is love for us, joy for us, peace for us.  His presence is the supply of all we need.

I love that I do not have to ever go through anything alone!  I used to feel alone facing my problems.  I often felt overwhelmed by them.  I felt that somehow I had to handle them, and I just knew that I couldn't.  Praise God He has shown me that He is with me not just to sympathize but to actually handle my problems in and through me.  He is the strength I need.  He is the power and courage and peace that comes through at just the right time.  Just like the widow's oil, His Holy Spirit supply never runs out but instead is there every time and at the right time, being all that's needed for every situation.

I love the image of Mary just sitting at Jesus' feet, basking in His words, soaking in His presence.  His presence was all she needed.  In Him she found all she was looking for, the love, the peace, the joy, the truth.  She was renewed and invigorated just by being with Him.

I thank God for His constant presence!  We are joined to Him in an eternal union of spirit with Spirit.  We are so close that we are one.  We are intimately joined to the One who supplies all for us.  He is a fountain always pouring onto us with love, grace, acceptance, joy and power.  We are never in need.  We are never alone.  We are never without Him, who is our supply!  He is everything!  We're under the refreshing fountain, the living waterfall of Jesus, today and every day!

                   Under the fountain,
                                             
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14