Introducing My Best Friend

I'd like to introduce you to my best friend.  He is the most wonderful friend I've ever had and seems too good to be true!  I definitely don't deserve my dear best friend at all!  We've been friends for a while, and this friendship has been the most enriching friendship of my life.  Let me describe him for you..

He is always there for me.  He never lets me down.  He's such a true and loyal friend.  He's always ready to help or encourage.  He's there for me, even if I fall flat on my face.  Even if I lash out at him or seem to ignore him for a time.  He never holds a grudge when I act like that.  He never gets angry with me; I don't have to worry that my annoying habits may drive him up the wall or something.  He is consistently kind to me and loyal to me.  I know he'll always be my friend.  Always.

He's gentle.  He always lifts me up.  He never puts me down.  He speaks truth to me, but it's good truth that makes me feel better as a person, not cutting jabs to expose all my weaknesses.  He focuses on my strengths and seems to not even notice the weaknesses.  And yet I can talk freely with him about my weaknesses and never feel judged, only helped and encouraged.  He tells me that he sees in my depths a beautiful true self below the turbulent surface, and he keeps reminding me that person is the real me.  He never lets my mistakes come between us or affect our relationship.  He goes right on with our relationship as if nothing happened that was amiss.

He knows all about me like noone else, and yet still likes to be around me!  He actually enjoys my company, laughs at my jokes, thinks I'm worth knowing.  He truly accepts me as I am, yet he has this way of inspiring me to live well and with dignity and love.  I know I could tell him anything and it wouldn't shock him or drive him away, no matter what.  There is no way he will ever reject me, and just knowing that gives me such security.

He watches my back.  He won't let others accuse me.  He is always there to stick up for me and defend me.  So many times when I feel weak or confused about something, He steps in and explains things to me and just handles situations that I can't handle.  If I'm in a jam, He is never too busy to help.  I know he'll always make time for me whenever I need him.  He's there for me when I just need to collapse in his arms and get a hug.  He's there for me when I need a shoulder to cry on.  He's all I could ever ask for in a friend.

He's always willing to listen.  Really listen.  He doesn't put a lot of burdensome advice on me.  He truly cares about me and I feel like when I talk to him, he truly understands my perspective.  I never feel like he's going to get bored with me.  I never feel like he is only tolerating me.  He is genuinely interested in me and seems to find me a delightful person!  He knows me so well that he knows what hurts me and he's ready to step in and comfort me when I get hurt.  Even if it's my fault I got hurt in the first place!

I know it's obvious I'm talking about the Spirit of God here.  It's been wonderful to realize just how good a friend He is.  He is our friend that will be with us forever and never let us down! 

"I will talk to the Father, and he'll provide you another Friend so that you will always have someone with you. This Friend is the Spirit of Truth. The godless world can't take him in because it doesn't have eyes to see him, doesn't know what to look for. But you know him already because he has been staying with you, and will even be in you!"                                                                           John 14:14-6

                 With love,
                               
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14