Peace and Joy to You

I am a nature lover.  I often see God's love and beauty when I'm outdoors.  His world is so beautiful - my special places are the beach, the mountains, the woods, open fields, and waterfalls.  But my favorite "nature thing" is my morning walk through my neighbors' woods, which they kindly allow us to enjoy.  Just a short walk under the trees can uplift and invigorate my soul.  I really can't explain how special this walk is to me. 

I remember something Darin Hufford once talked about how God just likes to spend time with us.  He was saying that the Christian life isn't about change but about relationship, just enjoying life with God.  It suddenly dawned on me that God wanted to walk in the woods with me.  This revelation brought tears to my eyes!  He just wants to hang out with me and enjoy that special walk that I love so much.  And I don't have to pray or make it a spiritual activity.  It something we can just enjoy together.

Here is an old blessing that I'd like to send your way!  May you enjoy your life today in the One who blessed you with everything in Christ!

                          Peace and Joy

Peace of the running waves to you,
Deep peace of the flowing air to you,
Deep peace of the quiet earth to you,
Deep peace of the shining stars to you,
Deep peace of the shades of night to you,
Moon and stars always giving light to you,
Deep peace of Christ, the Son of Peace, to you.

                                                         (Scottish blessing)

Joy of the waving grass to you,
Bright joy of the singing brooks to you,
Bright joy of the sunlit trees to you,
Bright joy of the cloudless sky to you,
Bright joy of the break of day to you,
Warm sun always giving light to you,
Bright joy of Christ, the Risen Life, to you.

                                                         (my addition)
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14