Stray Thoughts and His Whispers

Stray Thought:  Sure He cares about the ones who are "together", but why would He care about you...

His Whisper:  YOU are My beloved child in whom I am well-pleased!

Stray Thought:  Maybe you were once a strong Christian, but look at you now, you've fallen away..

His Whisper:  You ARE My beloved child in whom I am well-pleased!

Stray Thought:  You don't belong anywhere, nobody thinks you're worth including in their life..

His Whisper:  You are MY beloved child in whom I am well-pleased!

Stray Thought:  How could God love you - you're a mess and worthless..

His Whisper:  You are My BELOVED child in whom I am well-pleased!

Stray Thought:  You're all on your own - face it, noone is going to take care of you anymore..

His Whisper:  You are My beloved CHILD in whom I am well-pleased!

Stray Thought:  You blew it, you're guilty and God is surely displeased and disappointed..

His Whisper:  You are My beloved child in whom I AM well-pleased!

Stray Thought:  You'll never be good enough, you are always lacking..

His Whisper:  You are My beloved child in whom I am WELL-PLEASED!

The Father said it to Jesus at His baptism:  the Spirit descended on Him like a dove, and the Father said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased."

And we have been put in Christ.  His history is our history.  The love the Father has for Him is the love the Father has for us.  As He is, so are we in this world.  We've been brought into that same intimate relationship with the Father that Jesus has, and the Spirit of sonship is there to tell us of that sonship that we have.  He's there to cement into our hearts that intimacy that is ours with Him!  He is there crying out "Papa, papa!" within us, and He is transmitting that word to our hearts that the Father is constantly speaking over us: "You are My beloved son (child), in whom I am well-pleased!"

I needed so much to hear that today.  I asked God to just remind me of my acceptance in Him.  It is what ours hearts long to hear and the very foundation of our Christian lives.  Well, He led me to a devotional reading, and I read those very words that we are accepted in the Beloved, accepted as God accepts His own Son!  Wow!  He is so good to always remind us of the truth and build us up.  He is perfect love.  May we all enjoy the acceptance that is ours as a fact, by right of inheritance, freely given to us in Christ!

Dear Father, thank You for whispering to us over and over, "You are My beloved child, in whom I am well-pleased!"
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14