God's Focus

I don't know where I read this quote, but I love it and thought I'd share it:

"God's focus is not on changing us but on loving us - and not loving till we're helped or healed, just loving freely with no expectations."

"Mostly what God does is love you....Observe how Christ loved us.  His love was no cautious but extravagant.  He didn't love in order to get something from us but to give everything of Himself to us"  (from Eph. 5, MSG).

So many times I fail or get confused, and He is still there loving.  Just loving.  His love is like cool water pouring down on parched lips or a refreshing breeze in the hot desert.  He just keeps on "loving freely with no expectations." 

That makes me feel free, and I should feel free because I AM FREE in Him!  You too! Free from shoulds, free from ought to's, free from regrets, free from struggles to "understand", free - free to enjoy being loved!  We are in the Lover's arms today...no expectations...only Life....only love....total freedom and relief!  I needed to hear that today!
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14