My Daddy and Me

I look at the sin and what's lacking
   in my faith, in my understanding
You don't look at that
You see a child
That needs to run and play
A child that needs to smile again

You see someone precious to You
That You hold close
You see Your baby
Your precious one that You hold
  so dear
You snuggle Your baby girl close to
  Your heart

You are delighted in Your little one
She's perfect in Your eyes and
 Always will be
You look in her eyes and are delighted
  with her

You see someone you want to talk to
Someone You like to be with
Someone You want to share Your life with
Someone special to You

She is held so close and safe
She need never fear
For Daddy will take care of her
She's warm and embraced in Your arms

You love to hear her laugh
You look at her with compassion,
  so proud of her
You're never too busy for her
You love to play with her
To watch her dance with joy
  and live free

You love Your girl - that's me!

Thank you so much for this, Daddy!  I needed to hear that today!  You hold me close!  You love Your precious child!  I will always be in Your arms.  It's a LIE that I'm ever far from You, displeasing to You, or lacking in any way in Your eyes.  I love You!

It's true for all of us, no matter how we feel, no matter how we've failed, no matter how little we understand, no matter how our faith lags - we're still little children held safe in His arms today!  We are hugged!  We are cherished!  This is what we were made for!  Just to be loved by our Daddy!

Behold, what manner of love the Father has given unto us, that we should be called the CHILDREN of GOD: and that is WHAT WE ARE! (1 John 3:1)
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14