His Love for the Wounded Soul


There is a wonderful video (see the link on my sidebar if you wish to watch) where Brennan Manning speaks of the compassion of Jesus for all of us, the wounded, the hurting, the ones who struggle with sin, the angry, the confused.  Brennan really helps me see just how deep the compassion of Jesus is!  Here are some of my favorite quotes from that video:

What made Jesus the greatest Lover in Human history is that He knew what hurts people.

He says, "Your pain reverberates in the depth of My being."

Not only knowing our pain, He seeks us out.  He says, "You come to Me as you are and I'll meet you where you are and love you where you are."

No matter what's going down, He can't stop loving you!  This is the Jesus of the Gospels.

The essence of our Christian life is a furious love affair going on between us and Christ at this very moment.

When was the last time anybody addressed you as "my little child?"  Jesus said, "My little children, I will never leave you orphans."

When we look into Jesus' eyes, we see heaven there.  We never dreamed a Man could love us like this.  Jesus says, "I do not condemn you."

"Take your eyes off yourself and fix them on Me and let Me be who I am."

The God I have come to know loved me as much in a state of disgrace as He loves me in a state of grace, for His compassion is never, never, never based on our performance.  It knows no shade of alteration or change.  Jesus is the fulfillment of the Isaiah prophecy, "The bruised reed of your life He will not crush, and the smoldering wick He will not quench," until He's led the truth of your life's story to victory.  This night will you let Jesus come to you on His terms?  Will you let Him love you as you are, and not as you should be?  Because nobody..is as they should be..

                                                                  Brennan Manning

No matter what, we are loved today.  We are accepted completely and without any condition or hesitation.  We are held in His arms. He carries our pain around in His heart.  He carries our troubles.  He carries us!

Grace to all who stop by today and may you feel those arms around you, feel loved and embraced and understood today..

                               With love,
                                                  

May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14