The Woods




I had a free day recently and was able to go to my parents' farm and take a walk in their woods.  It's one of the most special places on earth to me, and I thought I'd share some photos.

The photos show the little creek, the beautiful trees, the path through the woods, the back field, and lastly, the barn.  My dad built that barn all by himself from the ground up the summer that I received Christ.  It's a very special memory I have, sitting out there watching him build and reading my Bible as an excited new believer at 14 years of age.

I know the images may look like just a bunch of trees and some grass, but to me, they speak of home, safety, security, love, acceptance, peace, welcome, quietness, and happiness.  They're almost like a picture of Jesus to me, because He is all those things I just listed!

I walked in those woods as a little child with my dad, and he pointed out the trees and taught me their names.  I sat out under those trees and prayed as a new believer.  I looked out at those trees with the moonlight filtering through when I came home after a long absence, and I heard the welcoming song of the little spring peeper frogs singing to me.  And when, as an adult, I suffered heartache, I stole away and walked through those woods with my dad again and felt comforted.  They represent all the comfort of home, and Jesus walked with me there so often - and He still does!  Isn't He good to give us special places where we can be refreshed and commune with Him?  Just thought I'd share this special place with you today..

                              With love,
                                         

May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14