Confession Time

"Confession" is usually thought of in a negative sense, I believe.  For example, the suspect finally confessed to committing the crime..  I've seen it in the past as meaning admitting that you've committed some sin.  But my understanding is that confession in a biblical sense simply means agreeing with God. 

I think every person who believes in Christ naturally agrees with God regarding sin because we have a new righteous nature within (the nature of Christ Himself) that wants to act righteously and in line with God's nature.  We naturally hate to sin and love to love.  So how we feel about sin is already settled; God showed me recently that no Christian needs to worry that they love sin or that they don't really believe a certain sin is wrong.  The fact is, we are new creations that naturally feel just like Jesus does about sin.  We don't have rebellious hearts but beautiful, new, pure, God-loving hearts.  That puts my mind at ease!

So that got me thinking... what would I like to confess (agree with God) about today?

I confess that I am a righteous child of God in Christ.
I confess that I am no more a sinner but a saint.
I confess that though I still sometimes sin, all my sins have been     forgiven and forgotten because of Jesus' work.
I confess that God loves me as I am.
I confess that I am not nor will I ever be condemned!
I confess that God will never leave me no matter what my failures.
I confess that God calls me His friend!
I confess that Jesus is the best thing going!
I confess that the good news of grace is the best news in the world!

That's my confession time today!
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14