What's Right With You

Why do we tend to focus on what is wrong with us?  Why not focus on what is right with us?  It's much more uplifting and encouraging!

Here's a wonderful quote from Lydia over at "A Joy To Be Me" blog about this very topic:

Do I really need to know what's wrong with me?  Cause honestly I already know I am human! Duh! I mean honestly, how many of us deep down, truly truly know, in this life, in this world, that we are not perfect? Or already scrutinize ourselves to the point of grief and despair. Should we not be taking the stance that declares what is right with us, thanks to Christ's work on the cross? WELL?? Isn't that the point of the Gospel, the GOOD NEWS??  To declare to all mankind the redemptive work of Christ to set us free in Him!! To give us a new nature!! And have God himself, declare us as righteous, spotless, perfect forever!! WELL, HUH???

God is not counting my sins against me, nor is he to you. The cross wiped that all out once and for all. So why is it, that Christians all across the globe focus on what is wrong with them and how to fix it?? Why?

...Christ - paid the price - for all sin - for all time! Once and done. He IS our defense!! And you know what - Jesus is NOT a fault finding husband. No siree!! So if he is accepting me fully and completely and God is NOT counting my sins against me, then no one should. 
...why focus on faults that God has dealt with satisfactorily to him. Why, fix your eyes on what the Cross has redeemed and removed? Why?
I will focus on what God declares is right with me, and that is my life is hid in Christ! I am in Him and He is in me! It's Christ in me the hope of glory. It is a union now. He and me united as one! I mean how amazing is that! How reveling and wonderful and freeing is HIS truth - His declaration over my life, as well as the spiritual truth of me being joined with Christ!!! Hallelujah!!!
                                                              Lydia, "A Joy To Be Me"
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14