Until Your Love Broke Through

One of my favorite old Christian songs is by Randy Stonehill. He likes to put word pictures in his lyrics that enable you to visualize the feelings and thoughts in the song. This one below is so wonderful in expressing the joy of finding out about God's grace. I lived so long thinking I was never good enough, wearing myself out with "self-improvement" trying to gain God's acceptance. Suddenly experiencing His love breaking through into my weariness, finding out I am already accepted as I am because of Jesus.....it's magical and so beautifully expressed in this song!



Until Your Love Broke Through


Like a dreamer who was trying to build a highway to the sky
All my hopes would come tumbling down
And I never knew just why
Until today when You pulled away
The clouds that hung like curtains on my eyes
I'd been blind - all those wasted years
I thought I was so wise
Then You took me by surprise

All my life I've been searching for that crazy missing part
With one touch You just rolled away the stone that held my heart
And now I see that the answer
Was as simple as my need to let love in
From now on I will never doubt that magic touch again
It's like the power of the wind

Like waking up from the longest dream
How real it seemed until Your love broke through
I was lost in a fantasy that blinded me
Until Your love broke through

There is nothing in the whole wide world that means this much to me
In Your love I have found the truth and truth has set me free

Now I'm feeling like a barefoot child dancing in the sun
Unafraid I can face each day because of what You've done
Now my life has just begun!
                                                       Randy Stonehill
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14