Unlosable Joy

Have you ever gone through an earthly circumstance that left you reeling, feeling your world will never be the same?   Circumstances in this world can get us down and make us feel we'll never be carefree again.  I have felt that way.  But God showed me recently that no matter what happens in this life, I am still in His joy, which can never be stolen away.  It's an inner joy with Him that is there no matter what.  I didn't put it there and I don't keep it there - it's simply the joy of Jesus inside me, the joy of a perfect relationship with Him that He has set up by His perfect work.

Circumstances here can be bad, even irreversible, and emotions can go up and down, but my joy in Jesus never changes!  That joy is not dependent on how I feel or on what's happening in this world.  Nothing can take away my joy in Christ!  He is my joy and in Him I have an untouchable, permanent joy that can't be removed.  In Him is childlike joy; I have child-like joy with Him inside right now, no matter what's going on outside!  What a relief!  I can be a child again with wide-eyed wonder. I AM that child again and I have joy - Jesus is my joy!  I am always that carefree child in His arms, laughing and feeling as light as air.  My joy is His joy in me, His delight in me.  That perfect relationship of total acceptance and love, and all that He's done in His finished work to bring that to pass, brings me joy!

Because of His complete acceptance of us, we don't have to wear a mask and try to always look happy.  We can be real and admit that sometimes we feel rotten and that sometimes life here stinks.  And He will rejoice with us when we rejoice and weep with us when we weep.  And because of that same gracious acceptance of us, we can know that our relationship with Him is absolutely unchanged no matter what our feelings or hardships or even failures may be.  And that brings an amazing and lasting joy.  That is what I am talking about:  not that we never can have problems or be "down", but that we are always a child in His arms no matter what happens.  And when this life here stinks and we feel we may never smile again, it's so nice to know our relationship with Him is still of that sweet little child spinning around in His embrace.  No problem here can ever take the joy of that perfect relationship away!  And one day every earthly tear will be gone, too, and our spiritual, eternal joy in Him will invade and overtake the physical realm!

"I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy noone will take from you." (John 16:22)


 “Joy”

The Newsboys


You give me joy that’s unspeakable
And I like it, and I like it
Your love for me is irresistible
I can't fight it, I can't fight it

                      
If life is water I was dry and Tucson dirt
If it’s a gamble I'd already lost my shirt
If it’s a journey I was dazed without a clue
I flipped a "U" back to the first love I ever knew


You give me joy that’s unspeakable
And I like it, and I like it
Your love for me is irresistible
I can't fight it, I can't fight it
You carried the cross and took my shame
I believe it, I believe it
You shine your light of amazing grace
I receive it, I receive it

                 
If life's a battle the invasion is complete
If it’s a rhythm I have found the perfect beat
If it’s a Renaissance I've got a new birthday
The world don't give it and the world can't take it away


I'm bowed and broken, everything's new
All that I need, your like water to seed
And how your love rights everything wrong
In my weakness you’re ever stronger
Pulling me back where I belong


You give me joy that's unspeakable
And I like it, and I like it
Your love for me's irresistible
I can't fight it, I can't fight it
You carried the cross and took my shame
I believe it, I believe it
You shine your light of amazing grace
I receive it, I receive it
May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14