Everlasting Arms

"There is a biblical promise which is connected to our spiritual rest which points us toward the arms of God. When Moses announced God's blessing on the tribes of Israel by promising to bring them into His place of rest, He told them that "the eternal God is a dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms" (Deuteronomy 33:27). Christians are in Christ, and, says the Bible, underneath are the everlasting arms.

"There have been times in my life when decisions I made caused me to say to myself, "Oh no, I'm sunk now." My assessment always proved to be wrong. Whether I felt it or not, underneath me were God's everlasting arms keeping me from sinking. The same is true of your life. You are where you are today because God has upheld you by His arms. The arms of God provide a lifetime guarantee that He will take care of the details of our lives, ensuring that we won't make choices which cause us to sink to a place where He doesn't want us to be. You can relax and enjoy the living water because God has you in His arms!"

                                                               Steve McVey

It is such a comfort to me to read these words!  We can't ever fall out of His grip, can't ever fall out of His arms.  He holds on to us.  No failure of ours is fatal;  our failures don't change one thing in our relationship with God, since He already took away all our failures at the cross and once and for all FORGAVE them!  We see our failures, our problems, our messes, our sins, our baggage.  He doesn't see any of that.  He sees His beautiful child, made perfect and new, sitting with Christ in heaven!

We can't ever fall out of His perfect plan.  I tend to think, oh, I've really done it now...with my latest failure I've probably derailed my Christian life in some way.  NO!  God knew all about every failure I'd make and has already accounted for all of that!  He is weaving everything in my life, even my mistakes, into His perfect plan of making all things work out for my good.  There's no second best with God.  There's only the best, and He reminds us: "I'll see to it that everything works out for the best" (Is. 54:17).

We can relax in His arms and know that He is responsible for us and our right relationship with Him stands secure for all time in Jesus Christ! 

              With love to all from

May the amazing grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, and the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Co. 13:14